This event will now take place on Sunday June 14th at R Bar B in Topeka. This will make that weekend 2 races! Please call Russ Brown for stalls or camping (primitive only).
We are following all guidelines put forth from the state/county. Please keep the social distancing of 6 feet between non-family members in mind.
**Riders must check in at the office upon arrival and present proof of negative Coggins***
SUNDAY, June 14
- 7:30 AM Registration | 8:00 AM Morning Walk-thru
(Classic, Youth, Intermediate and Colt)
- 8:30 AM Race Begins
- Afternoon walk-through: no earlier than 11:00 AM
(Novice, Amateur, Open)
· Low-Impact Course: Classic, Buckaroo, Youth, Novice
· High-Impact Course: Intermediate, Colt, Amateur, Open
· Schooling Class, designed for horses and/or riders to gain experience in a non-competitive environment.
Electrical hookups: N/A
Primitive camping at no extra cost
Concession stand, showers, and rest rooms available.
Pens: $15/night (no horses tie out or own pens allowed)
Contact R Bar B at 785-286-3006 to reserve pens.
SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES
- We are REQUIRING that exhibitors pre-register online for these two events (register for each event separately). You can still pay when you get there and you will still need to sign a release form when checking in. If you are paying by check, you'll need 2 separate checks as we have 2 separate event hosts. If you don’t have online access, you can text your registration info to 913-837-6034 by Thursday, June 11. You can download and print the Release Form here.
- We are requesting that you renew your membership or join online prior to attending the race.
- Exhibitors will take their payment and signed release form to the registration table to check in. When waiting in line, observe social distancing guidelines. Please do not congregate near the registration table or concession area. Only one person per family should come to the registration table to pay/check-in. The Event Secretary will also be available Friday evening to take payments/release forms.
- Please observe social distancing guidelines of 6 feet as much as possible and be mindful of respecting others’ space. Spectators beyond immediate family of exhibitors at these two events are discouraged. If you are ill or have been recently ill, please DO NOT attend these events and put others at risk. Exhibitors and spectators/family members attend at their own risk.
- Wearing of a mask is welcome, but not required. Please wash your hands frequently and refrain from shaking hands or hugging other individuals. Hand sanitizer will be available in areas around the concessions and registration table.
- Exhibitors that are planning to camp overnight should also plan to observe the 6-foot distancing guidelines during non-event times and be mindful of respecting others’ space. Organizing potlucks between campers is discouraged.
From the East (I-70 to Hwy 24 to Hwy 4):
From Interstate 70 West take exit 197 for KS-10 toward Lecompton/Lawrence. Turn right onto E 850 Rd (0.2 mi ). Turn left onto Co Rd 438/N 1800 Rd (2.7 mi ). Continue onto Co Rd 1029/E 600 Rd. (4.2 mi). Continue onto S Lecompton Rd (1.1 mi ). Turn left onto US-24 W (11.6 mi ). Take the KS-4 E exit toward Valley Falls. (495 ft ). Turn right onto KS-4 E/NE Sherman Rd (1.8 mi). Turn right onto NE 39th St. R Bar B will be on the left.
From the West (I-70 to Hwy 24 to Hwy 4):
From Interstate 70 take exit 358 to merge onto US-75 N (1.6 mi). Merge onto US-24 E via the ramp to Lawrence.
Take the KS-4 E exit toward Valley Falls. (495 ft ). Turn right onto KS-4 E/NE Sherman Rd (1.8 mi). Turn right onto NE 39th St. R Bar B will be on the left.
From the South (Hwy 75 to Hwy 4):
From US-75 N continue onto I-470 W/US-75 N (4.8 mi). Take exit 1A to merge onto I-70 E/US-40 E/US-75 N toward Kansas City (2.4 mi ). Take exit 358 to merge onto US-75 N (1.6 mi ). Merge onto US-24 E via the ramp to Lawrence (7.1 mi ). Take the KS-4 E exit toward Valley Falls. (495 ft ). Turn right onto KS-4 E/NE Sherman Rd (1.8 mi). Turn right onto NE 39th St. R Bar B will be on the left.
||Event Registration Form
Save time at the event by downloading the UHCA Event Registration Form now. Simply type in your information, print, sign, and bring to the registration table. The form and your information can be saved to your computer and printed again for the future events.