This is a judged competition consisting of ranch-horse challenges, dry work and cow work all performed consecutively as one event, within a defined time span.
- Horses or mules must be 3 or 4 years old as of January 1, 2015.
- Riders must be 12 or older.
- Participating in this event will NOT disqualify a horse from participating in the EXCA Colt Futurity Division.
- Riders do not have to be members of UHCA to participate.
- The event does not count towards Year-end points for UHCA Members.
Based on current entries, the winner will take home $1000!
1-14 Riders = 60% Payback:
15-20 Riders = 65% Payback
21+ Riders = 70% Payback
Colt Challenge Champion also receives a buckle.
Please send the entry form in with your first payment only.
ENTRY FEES AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE
$250 Advance Entry Fee
First payment due June 30--$100
Second payment due July 30--$100
Third payment due August 30--$50
Payments must be postmarked or received on or before scheduled dates or a $50 late fee will apply. Payments can be mailed or submitted to the Event Secretary at any UHCA event.
Challenge entries may be mailed to:
c/o Scott Simms
RR 4 Box 266
Butler, MO 64730
- Participating in this event will NOT disqualify a horse from participating the EXCA Colt Futurity Division.
- Horses or mules must be 3 or 4 years old as of January 1, 2015. All breeds welcome.
- Stallions can NOT be ridden/exhibited by Youth riders.
- All stallions must be well-mannered and under control at all times.
- All horses must be serviceably sound. Any horse showing obvious lameness or distress will be excused from competition. Judges, event host and/or event manager reserve the right to excuse any horse.
- Rider attire shall include a long sleeved collared shirt, boots with a heel, western-style hat or certified protective headgear.
- Riding in a manner that endangers the safety of horse or rider shall be penalized by the judge(s) or result in disqualification.
- Disorderly conduct, rudeness or poor sportsmanship will not be tolerated among competitors or spectators.
- Any cruelty or abuse is forbidden. UHCA, host or event manager reserve the right to bar any offender for the remainder of the event.
- All horses to be exhibited in western style gear.
- Colts must be ridden in a snaffle bit or bosal only.
- The following gear is prohibited: Cavessons, Tie-downs, and Martingales
Entries fees are refundable only with a veterinarian certificate indicating the entered horse is not fit to compete. Entry fees are transferrable to another horse until date of race.
For more information call:
Scott Simms, 660-679-1833
OR Greg Schuetz, 785-409-8221